Here are several links to various DOS software and other DOS related websites. Most are freeware but a few are
shareware and commercial programs. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have about this webpage or other DOS programs for me to know about. Also, do email a thank you to the authors of any of the programs you use.
If you like to see Interesting Windows and Mac programs similiar to this page, visit my computer user group, the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
View all of the DOS programs on one webpage : Interesting DOS programs - Full index (note : size of page is about 50K)
Comments? My E-mail address : Dev Anand Teelucksingh, devtee at gmail.com
Last updated: November 24, 2016
- Cute Mouse Driver v2.1 beta 4 Mouse driver with wheel support for both AT and PS/2 mice; uses only 3K (!) of memory
- BenQ (Acer) CDROM driver v2.14 Uses only 5K and works with many IDE CDROM drives
- SHSUCDX v3.03F MSCDEX replacement ; uses only 11K resident ; can be unloaded. Now part of SHSUCD, a suite of programs dealing with the CD-ROM. Older versions here
- UMBPCI V3.87 Free hardware UMB driver (only 240 bytes) for DOS/Win9x - replaces EMM386.EXE
- Srdisk v2.09c dynamically ReSizeable RAMDisk for FreeDOS (and other DOSes) able to use over 32M of XMS and EMS memory. GPL
- XMSDSK.EXE v1.9i Freeware resizable ramdisk;can be installed/uninstalled from the command line.
- Partition Resizer v1.34 Resize your FAT16/FAT32 partitions safely. Freeware
- Free FDISK v1.2.1 GNU hard disk partitioning utility. Supports FAT16/FAT32 and non DOS partitions
- ZeroFill Writes zeros on the empty disk space for the selected hard drive
- Active @ KillDisk v4.1 Destroy all data on hard and removable drives without possibility of future recovery
- XOSL 1.1.5 Free graphical boot manager to select what OS to run on startup
- TestDisk v7.0 Tool to check and undelete hard disk partitions. Supports FAT16/FAT32, ext2FS, NTFS and more
- PhotoRec v7.0 file data recovery software designed to recover lost files from Hard Disks and CDRom
- Savepart v4.20 save entire or occupied portion of a hard drive partition (FAT16/32,ext2,ext3,NTFS) into a file for easy backup and restoration
- Image v3.04 Disk image backup and restore program. Supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS partitions and most writable USB, IEE1394 drives, ATAPI CD/DVD drives without special drivers. Shareware
- Ranish Partition Manager v2.44 powerful hard disk partitioning tool and can create, copy, and resize primary and extended partitions.
- NTFS Reader for DOS freeware tool to read NTFS partitions from DOS (Alternate site)
- Palmsys v1.21 3K Driver for parallel port Iomega ZIP drive; works on XTs and on 286 CPUs as well
- SDWRGMPD v1.1 DOS driver for MS "Win9x only" SideWinder digital GamePad
- USB DOS drivers collection of UHCI USB host controller drivers for keyboards, mice, joysticks, printers, disk drives, and hubs
- Duse v4.9 From Pocketec, are USB DOS drivers for USB hard disks, CDROM drives and other USB storage devices like Zip drives
- SPEEDZTER 2.5 From DAT Optic, are Firewire/IEEE 1394 DOS drivers for their external Speedzter 2.5" Firewire hard drives
- LFN Tools v1.79 DOS commands that can handle long filenames in plain DOS. Supports FAT32
- DOSLFN 0.41c TSR to provide long filename API in plain DOS. Only 12K resident. Older versions here
- LTOOLS v6.12 set of DOS command line tools to read and write to Linux ext2/3 and ReiserFS filesystems (the DOS opposite of Linux MTOOLS)
- NSSI v0.60.45 freeware system information tool - last updated 2010
- HWiNFO v5.55 system information utility designed for detection of hardware. Last updated in 2014
- PC-CONFIG 9.33 Detailed system information/benchmark tool. Freeware, but no further development since 2000
- 4DOS v8.00 updated opensource version of the powerful command line interpreter (COMMAND.COM replacement) for DOS by JP Software
- DOSED v5.2 Freeware DOSKEY-like program but with filename completion like Linux's Bash shell
- FileC v2.0 Autocompletes filenames at command prompt ; support Win9x LFN in DOS box
- WCD 5.3.2 Wherever Change Directory allows you to change to any directory by typing part of a directory name
- ACD v3.05 Change to another directory on any drive quickly. Has Win9x LFN support
- Inkutils 1.53 Freeware suite of eleven DOS, 4DOS and Windows 95/98 DOS utilities.
- TextTools R6 (SAC FTP link) Freeware programs for processing text tables and general text filtering
- TSFLTC R2.2 A set of additional text file filters from Prof. Timo Salmi (now retired).
- Slowdown v3.1 Slows down a fast computer so you can run older programs, or as a troubleshooting aid.