Here are several links to various DOS software and other DOS related websites. Most are freeware but a few are
shareware and commercial programs. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have about this webpage or other DOS programs for me to know about. Also, do email a thank you to the authors of any of the programs you use.
If you like to see Interesting Windows 9x/Me/NT/XP, Windows 3.x, Linux, BeOS, OS/2, Mac and PalmOS programs similiar to this page, visit my computer user group, the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
View all of the DOS programs on one webpage : Interesting DOS programs - Full index (note : size of page is about 40K)
Comments about the new layout? My E-mail address (changed Dec 2003) : Dev Anand Teelucksingh, dave at opus.co.tt
- HX DOS Extender free DOS extender which contains a Win32 API emulation which allows Win32 console apps to be run in DOS
- MoonRock v0.50 BASIC-like language with several extensions. Produces code for 8086+
- Borland Community Museum Download Turbo C v2.01, Turbo Pascal v5.5, Turbo C++ v1.01 for free (requires login)
- Regina v3.2 a REXX interpreter that has been ported to DOS and other OSes
- Perl v5 Interpreted language for scanning and extracting info from text files.
- PythonD 2.4.2 r1.0 DOS port of Python v2.2.1. Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
- Pbats v3.2 Powerful archive of tiny batch tools from the author of GPAGE and WBAT, Horst Schaeffer.
- WBAT v2.50 Use dialog boxes (with menus, buttons, input fields, checkboxes) in your batch files.
- Clay's Utilities for DOS v1.3 Set of small utilities for batch files.
- Batfiles Good website on DOS batch file programming.
- TSBAT75.ZIP A collection of useful batch files and tricks from Prof. Timo Salmi.
- Ozone Graphical environment, support Truetype fonts, and includes several programs
- Seal 2.00.11 Free graphical desktop environment for DOS and for DJGPP programs.
- OpenGEM v5 GUI (once commercial, now open source) geared for low resource PCs, distro includes several apps.
- Allegro 4.2.1 multi-platform game programming library for DJGPP in a mixture of C and assembly.
- OpenGUI v3.7.0 multi-platform 32-bit graphics library/GUI for DOS (DJGPP), QNX and LINUX
- Watt-32 v2.2 dev-rel 10 library for making networked TCP/IP C/C++ 16 and 32 bit programs.
- eRTOSdevelop embedded Intel 8086 (and compatible) Internet-accessible applications. Now freeware
- ISRemote for DOS v2.53 remotely control DOS apps with a IR remote and a DIY circuit
- DOSGir v0.12 control DOS apps by infrared remote control and a DIY circuit
- Full Moon Software Many QuickBasic/PDS routines ; also has the text to PC Mag's 'BASIC Techniques and Utilities'
- NeoBasic provides GUI components to extend the DOS authoring NeoBook software
- Guenther Klaming's Homepage Low-level hardware programming in Watcom C/C++, Pascal and Assembly.