Here are several links to various DOS software and other DOS related websites. Most are freeware but a few are
shareware and commercial programs. I welcome any comments and/or suggestions you may have about this webpage or other DOS programs for me to know about. Also, do email a thank you to the authors of any of the programs you use.
If you like to see Interesting Windows 9x/Me/NT/XP, Windows 3.x, Linux, BeOS, OS/2, Mac and PalmOS programs similiar to this page, visit my computer user group, the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
View all of the DOS programs on one webpage : Interesting DOS programs - Full index (note : size of page is about 40K)
Comments about the new layout? My E-mail address (changed Dec 2003) : Dev Anand Teelucksingh, dave at opus.co.tt
- Infopal v6.1 Program where you can design and browse databases and generate reports
- Dirtel v3.28 Address book manager; contents can be exported to HTML,RTF and ASCII delimited text.
- InfoZIP Create ZIP files, extract files from ZIP files created with PKWARE's Pkzip/Pkunzip v2.04g.
- Pkzip/Pkunzip v2.50 An update to the "classic" Pkzip/Pkunzip v2.04g. Supports LFN under LFNDOS or Win9x
- UPX v3.03 powerful GPL'ed executable packer (meaning the compressed executable files can still be run directly)
- VIEW v17.2 Allows you to view WordPerfect, Word 97 docs and other word processor formats. Now freeware
- xlHtml v0.4.0 commandline converter of MS Excel XLS files to HTML
- AntiWord v0.37 converts MS Word DOC files to plain text or PostScript
- Catdoc v0.94.2 convert MS Word DOC files to plain text
- Xpdf v3.02pl2 Extract text and images from Adobe's Acrobat's PDF files
- PSVIEW v17.1 user friendly shell program for viewing Postscript and PDF files ; requires Pictview, PDFTOPs and Ghostscript
- CAMWORK DOS program that downloads images from Agfa, Olympus and Epson digital cameras.
- PhotoPC software Software for DOS and other OSes to control Epson, Agfa, Nikon digital cameras
- Daqarta v2.21 Does Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis using popular sound cards ; Has many other features. Free for non-commercial use
- DESI-III v5.80 Free, yet professional 2D CAD program.
- FigDOS-GUI v2.22 GUI for DOS FIGlet (the latter creates large ASCII characters from ordinary ASCII characters)
- DATES v2002.08 Non-TSR program to keep track (and remind you in advance) of important dates